Symfony interview questions- Online Interview Questions on Symfony2
Before we jump into the discussion of the Symfony framework, first let's discuss what is a framework? Basically, the framework is a collection of reusable codes used for the completion of specific tasks to aid the development of software applications. Now, talking about Symfony, it is the most stable framework which comes a long way to become the number 1 choice of developers. It is flexible enough to let the developers focus on specific features. Along with this, you will find many other features in detail below. Also, any framework which has some advantages, also have some cons which make it down.
We also mention some disadvantages below, as this will help to choose whether it is good or not for you. In conjunction with this, we also collect some online interview question related to Symfony framework. These questions are generally asked in many interviews. If you want to get hired by a prestigious company, then these Symfony interview questions will definitely help you in your preparations.
What is symfony? List some features?Posted By: BorisInciveSymfony
What are symfony bundles?Posted By: TheodoreSymfony
what are components in symfony?Posted By: LevySymfony
Does laravel use symfony?Posted By: SterlingSymfony
Symfony logs are stored in which directory?Posted By: HoytSymfony
How to clear cache in Symfony?Posted By: Anamika KumariSymfony
how to create a bundle in Symfony?Posted By: AuthurSymfony
what are annotations in Symfony?Posted By: ElonzoSymfony
How to create an remove session in Symfony Framework?Posted By: BascomSymfony
Comparison between Symfony and Zend:
|Designing||Symfony is created as a collection of reusable PHP components.||Zend is the object-oriented web framework for PHP.|
|MVC Architecture||Symfony does not support an MVC architecture.||Zend supports MVC architecture.|
|Databases||Symfony supports more databases then Zend. It both supports both relational and non-relation databases.||Zend supports PostgreSQL, MS SQL, Oracle, IBM DB2, My SQL, and DBeaver.|
|Object relation mapping||Symfony doesn’t come with any built in an Object-Relation mapping system.||Zend comes up with built in the Object-relation mapping (ORM) system.|
|Templates||Symfony developers write templates in a robust templating language called Twig. The programmers can use Twig to write readable and concise templates in a number of ways.||Zend allows developers to work with views through the Zend_View class. Zend_View enables them to use PHP as the template language or implement other template systems.|
|Easy to learn||Symfony can be learned easily than Zend.||Zend developers have to make more efforts than Symfony to learn it.|
|Used-By||Symfony components are being used by Laravel, OroCRM, Drupal, and phpBB.||Zend Framework is being used by several high-traffic websites including BBC, Cisco Webex, AutoTrack, Allied Beverage, Netretail Holding, and Offers.com.|
Reason for choosing Symfony:
- Well-established: Released in the year 2005, Symfony has made a long way to become well-established and most reliable PHP framework. Now, it is the number 1 choice of all the developers as well as for the enterprise. Moreover, the developers help each other to solve the problem and get the best result.
- Testing: The code written in Symfony must be tested to ensure the stable work of an application. The reusability of bundles plays an important role in maintaining and testing in Symfony. The functional testing process is automated which helps to reduce the developer’s routine.
- Creativity: Symfony is built to extend the boundaries of past PHP. It is designed for dedicated innovation, for example when a new idea generates, it is modified to suit PHP. Along with this, Symfony learns from other advance frameworks to build better functionality.
- Interoperability: Initially, the framework is built only to meet common PHP standards, but then it started to use external software building itself. Moreover, Symfony without using the framework entirely, allows you to use certain pieces of its building blocks.
- Flexibility: The two most prominent features of Symfony that make it so flexible are Bundles and Components. You can take the benefit of reusing and reconfiguring from the bundles for many applications. Also, it reduces the overall cost. Similarly, the components are used to reduce the routine tasks that let the developers focus on specific business features.
- Longevity: Symfony is a framework which was designed to have for-profit to better serve its own customers. Furthermore, the community also helps to address issues through channels such as IRC and mailing.
Why not choose Symfony?
Performance: The main drawback of Symfony is its performance. As performance is the most important feature for all the real-time applications, so many complaints are filed for this parameter. To solve this problem, one way is to update the application from PHP 5.0 to PHP 7.0. It will not just improve the performance, also increase the speed two times.
- Difficult to learn: In comparison with other frameworks such as Yii, Laravel, Symfony requires more efforts to understand. But, due to having highly valuable features, it is treated as the most stable framework. Also, the feature of making complex solutions to problems helps it to get a high position in the list of frameworks.
- Longer to Launch: The Symfony has the feature to use the created code for other parts of the system too. This makes the testing easy but this decreases the speed of the development that leads to delay in the launch.