Opencart Interview questions and answers
OpenCart is an eCommerce software used to manage the Online store. Since it came into the market, it has created the buzz in the Online Business platform. It is written in PHP and freely available under GNU, I.e., General Public License. In addition, it is an open source project which means anyone can use it and also comes with zero fees. Besides, it provides enthralling services such as lightweight database which helps to processes the huge amount of data, powerful store management, extensions, and themes. It offers easy management of products, customers, coupon code, and many more.
It is beneficial for the business owners who are thinking to launch their business online. It is a user-friendly interface that means it interacts with the client's store. In today's date, more than 340k e-commerce businessmen take help from OpenCart for their online store.
It is a brief introduction of OpenCart, but if you want to know more, then check our OpenCart interview questions. The below collection of online interview questions will clear all your doubts.
Which is better OpenCart Vs ZenCart?
OpenCart caters the mid-sized and large online stores.
Zen Cart can accomplish small and medium businesses demands.
In this, you can get assistance via phone, email, knowledge base, blogs, videos, online self-serve, request form in addition to what Zen Cart has to offer.
In this, you can get assistance via forums, user manual, facebook, Zen Cart Wiki, tutorials, and FAQs.
The platform comprises loads of the comprehensive modules and add-ons to help you expand e-store functionality.
Zen Cart doesn't have innovative extensions.
OpenCart encourages the customers to perform the transactions without fear of losing any personal data.
Zen Cart is not much securable as OpenCart since it only includes daily backup, FTP access, and PCI compliance.
OpenCart offers cash on demand payments, live shipping quotes, money orders, discount management, multicurrency, and pricing per customer group.
Zen Cart's payment mode is confined to discount management and multicurrency.
Reasons to choose OpenCart
- Features: OpenCart provides a handy set of features to the developers. These features come with robust catalog functionality and a nice consistent method for order processing.
- Easy to use: For the beginners, OpenCart is believed to be perfect to open a store online. A lot of people choose OpenCart at the time of the startup because it is easily available and it also does not require much labor to set it up and start working on it. In comparison with the other CMS platforms which may demands expertise, it is easy to download and can be used by the people who come with the basic skill.
- Multi-language: It is an awesome feature of the OpenCart in which the user can easily add the multiple languages in the storefront. In this way, you have deep customization with this service which permits the user to record product name and service characteristics in multiple languages.
- Free Plugins and add-ons: Unlike the other CMS platform, OpenCart provides you with the many solutions for the plugins and add-ons which are absolutely free. You only have to dig deeper to find the solution. It is quite possible to raise the value of your site and running with various payment footbridges without paying anything.
- Extension: One of the more advanced features of the OpenCart is that it provides a wide range of extension. It is approx. 14,000 in all. The shopping cart which is powered by AJAX technology gives very fast speed. It is the OpenCart that provides you with the feature of multi-store function which permits the users to maintain and control many stores even with a single admin panel.
Why not choose OpenCart
- Unsecured extensions and themes OpenCart has a simple and easy coding structure which is the reason for the attraction of most of the beginners. There are a lot of the developers who come up with varieties of the extension and themes to sell it to the users. It means that you may end up with an extension or theme which performs very poorly or which is not secure.
- Different URLs When you are working with the OpenCart platform you must be realized that the creation of many duplicate pages is the biggest problem of the OpenCart. There are several different URLs for the same page on your website. This is a pain for the SEO campaign.
- Premium service is necessary It becomes somewhat difficult to change the SQL database without the use of premium service once you upload the initial set of goods and service to your site. It is necessary to keep the data apart from what is available in online to prevent the loss of data. You are also not allowed to update the information without using the plugins.