Node JS Interview Questions
What is let const and var ?Posted By: AnthonyNode Js
What is difference between return and callback?Posted By: ClovisNode Js
What do you understand by middleware?Posted By: HaroldNode Js
How to connect NodeJS with mongodb?Posted By: BryantNode Js
How does Promise and Queue work?Posted By: ChristianNode Js
Describe Node.js event loop and event driver architecture?Posted By: PeterNode Js
How are Promises better than callbacks ?Posted By: sohanNode Js
What is JIT and how is it related to Node?Posted By: JimNode Js
What is callback hell?Posted By: AlanNode Js
Why do you use forever with Node.js?Posted By: EllisNode Js
Why Node.js is based on single threaded architecture?Posted By: HollisNode Js
What is the difference between Node.js and Ajax?Posted By: JeromefoovaNode Js
What is REPL in Node.js?Posted By: ArdenNode Js
What is a Buffer in Node.js?Posted By: GustaveNode Js
What are Global object in Node.js?Posted By: parasNode Js
What is the use of Zlib in Node.js?Posted By: PatrickLonNode Js
What is NPM? How to uninstall a dependency using npm?Posted By: WillieNode Js
What is Piping in Node?Posted By: JustusNode Js
Which module is used for buffer based operations in NodeJs?Posted By: KissQuadaNode Js
Explain Chaining in NodeJs?Posted By: WellingtonNode Js ;
Let's get down and look at the Node.js online interview questions, pros and cons to know more about it.
Which to choose and when?
|Node.js is asynchronous PHP is synchronous.Node.js is not much complex to use but more than PHP due to more lines of coding.||PHP is much simpler to use in contrast with NodeJS|
|Node.js is fast and lightweight in comparison to PHP||PHP is slower than Node.js|
|It has a Node Package Manager to use.||It mainly uses Composer Package manager.|
- Easy scalability: The utmost advantage is that it provides developers with a simple way to scale the applications in horizontal as well as in the vertical directional. You can easily scale horizontal manner by adding an extra node to the system and vertical manner by adding the optional resources to the single nodes. So, it is highly scalable and therefore developers find it better than the other servers
- Fast and event-based: Synchronization is very fast when you are using a common language on both the sides (server- side and client-side) which is useful for event-based applications. It is all due to its asynchronous, non-blocking, single-threaded nature that many companies migrated their previous technologies to develop Node.js applications.
- Real-time applications: NodeJS is quite famous for the event-driven approach, so it is widely used for real-time applications. It is quite popular for online gaming, video conferences, chats or any solution that requires constantly updated data. So, you can see the examples speak by itself.
Caching:The facility of caching is important for increasing speed and performance. Node.js also supports this feature to cache the single modules. After the first request for a module, it gets cached in memory and whenever the developer needs to re-execute it, it reloads from the cache memory.Node.js as a blessing:Undoubtedly, Node.js proves to be a blessing for the developers and has become a sure shot savior for heavy load web applications. For instance, chat applications run on high traffic and lightweight model and this criterion followed by Node.js only.
- Application Programming Interface (API) is Not Stable
It is one of the key problems of Node.js is that its API is not stable. Most of the developers find that in every interval of time API keeps on changing. From time to time, a new API shown which have a lot of backward-incompatible changes. Therefore, developers have to make changes in the accessible code bases so that they can match the compatibility with the latest version.
- Asynchronous Programming Model
Another drawback of the asynchronous programming is that the codes tend to become clumsy It is necessary to adopt the asynchronous programming model to make the application more scalable. But many developers find it very difficult in comparison with the linear blocking I/O programming.
- Incapable of handling CPU-intensive apps
As Node.js is an event-based and a single threaded environment, it is not efficient to handle CPU- intensive apps. Some of the requests that Node.js is not capable of handling are generating audio, video, or editing graphics.