JSON Interview Questions
What is JSON?Posted By: ArmsteadJson
Enlist few advantages of using JSONs?Posted By: NaveenJson
Who is known as the father of JSON?Posted By: DevanandJson
What extension is used to save JSON file?Posted By: EdmundJson
Enlist data types available in JSON?Posted By: SamJson
What two main structures used to compose JSON?Posted By: DamonJson
How do you decode a JSON string?Posted By: CandidoJson
What is the default value of a constructor's prototype?Posted By: AlbertoJson
List some benefits of JSON over XML?Posted By: IsaiahJson
What is MIME type for JSON data?Posted By: bhaskarJson
What is JSON Validator?Posted By: BuddJson
What is JSON Schema?Posted By: GabrielJson
What is JSON-RPC? List some Features of JSON-RPC-Java.Posted By: AlanzoJson
What is BSON?Posted By: Pappu Kumar SinghJson
How to convert an Object into JSON?Posted By: HendersonJson
What does $.parseJSON() do ?Posted By: AdolfoJson
The use of JSON is growing rapidly due to its light-weight and compact feature. Along with this, sharing is too fast because it uses an array to store the data and also you can share any size of data such as videos, images, etc. This is a brief introduction to JSON. If you want to know its advantages, disadvantages, and features, then visit our JSON online interview questions. This will help you to understand the basic concepts of JSON and enable you to crack any interviews. Check and start today!
Which is better?
|JSON is much lightweight, so it can make significant improvements in RESTful APIs working with complex systems.||XML is not much lightweight.|
|JSON uses less data, thus, increases the parsing speed.||XML software takes more time in parsing due to the DOM manipulation libraries.|
|JSON uses a map data structure XML uses a tree structure JSON is data-oriented.||XML is document-oriented.|
|JSON doesn't provide display capabilities.||XML provides display capabilities because it is a markup language.|
|JSON is less secured than XML due to the possibility of hacking.||XML is more secure.|
|JSON supports limited data types such as text and number data type.||XML support many data types such as images, charts, graphs, texts, etc. JSON supports an array. XML doesn’t support array.|
Advantage of JSON:
- Small and light weighted syntax: In many languages, the syntax is quite difficult to remember which wastes the developer’s time. But, in JSON this problem is solved, here the syntax is very easy to use. Its syntax is very small and lightweight; therefore, it executes the queries very rapidly.
- JSON on the server side: It is quite obvious that fast response on the server side fascinates the developers to use that language. Similar, in the case of JSON, server-side parsing is fast enough that developers choose JSON for server-side programming. It is the strongest point of JSON that makes it popular among users.
- Browser compatibility: When the developer designs the application, it is inevitable to write code differently for different browsers. This makes the burden on the developers. But you don't need to worry while programming in JSON. JSON provides a wide range of browsers that are compatible with the different operating system. Also, the developer requires just a little effort to make the application compatible with all browsers.
- Data Transfer: You can share any size of data such as audios, videos or larger files with JSON. It is the topmost tool for sharing the data. This is possible because JSON saves the data in an array format which is easier to transfer. This is the reason, why JSON is given a preference for files format of web APIs and web development.
- Easy to read: The structure of JSON is quite easy to understand. It doesn’t matter which language you are using, with JSON you can easily do the mapping with domain objects.
Disadvantages of JSON:
- Error handling: The major drawback of JSON is no error handling for JSON calls. It fully depends on dynamic script insertion. If it inserted, then it works and you get calls and responses perfectly. But if it is not inserted, then it will fail silently and you will not know about that. For instance, if there is an error in the server side, you will not able to recognize that such as 404 error. You can't restart or cancel the request as you don't know about the error. You just wait for a timeout.
- Hacking: It is dangerous if JSON is used with untrusted browsers or services. As JSON service returns a response covered in a function call which is executed by a browser. But, if this browser is untrusted, then the response can be hacked. This makes the hosting application insecure to attacks.