JQuery Interview Questions
What is Jquery?Why it is used?Posted By: LawyerJquery
What is JQuery Function?Posted By: Bhushan PatilJquery
Is jquery case sensitive?Posted By: RobertPHexyJquery
Enlist Major features of jQuery?Posted By: IsaacJquery
How can you add jQuery in your project?Posted By: AnonymousJquery
What is Document ready event?Posted By: jacklynbadillaJquery
Enlist the common DOM events for jQuery Event Methods?Posted By: srinivasJquery
How to stop event bubbling in JQuery?Posted By: IrvinJquery
What symbol JQuery syntax starts?Posted By: PrimusJquery
What is the difference between $p and $(p)?Posted By: ElishaJquery
What is the format for a compound selector in Jquery?Posted By: shubhakarJquery
What is the difference between .empty() and remove()?Posted By: EdJquery
What is the double click event handler?Posted By: UriahJquery
What are jQuery Selectors? Give some examplesPosted By: CliffordJquery
What is difference between .detach() and .remove()?Posted By: RichardQuirmJquery
Explain the difference between bind() and live()?Posted By: ShivprasadJquery
What is the use of jQuery filter?Posted By: MargaritoJquery
What is difference between this and $(this) in JQuery?Posted By: AllanJquery
How to select all elements using jQuery?Posted By: HenceJquery
List few jquery form filters?Posted By: MarcelJquery
Which function in jquery is used to check an element has a class or not?Posted By: TerryImmofJquery
Today, the whole world is embracing the jQuery, companies such as IBM, Microsoft and Google are already using it. jQuery open source project is also running for adding more features in the library. This shows that jQuery will run for a long time. To know completely about jQuery, check our jQuery online interview questions. These interview questions will help you to clear all your doubts and to crack any interviews. Get a look!
Which is better?
|JQuery presents User Interface libraries with many beneficial functionalities||Dojo toolkit provides the features of a widget toolkit.|
|JQuery is used mostly for web application and dynamic web pages.||Dojo is used for web-oriented software on desktop, mobile and internet applications.|
|JQuery is being used by WordPress, BackBone, Wikipedia, etc.||Dojo is being used by internet browsers like Internet Explorer, Google Chrome, Safari, etc.|
|JQuery is lightweight with 19K compressed base libraries.||Dojo provides many customizing choices but it is a massive and complex toolkit.|
|JQuery requires a less network bandwidth than Dojo.||Dojo requires a higher network bandwidth than JQuery.|
Advantage of jQuery:
- Open source library: JQuery is an open source library for all types of application. What a developer wants more than this, anyone can use it for their applications without any license or agreement issues.
- Lightweight: The size of the jQuery core library is just 24kb which can be easily added to any application and hence, increase the performance. The reason behind the lightweight jQuery library is limited functions. Some functions are omitted from the library and some are transferred to plug-ins. So that whenever these functions required, developers can add those plugins in their applications.
- Plug-ins: jQuery provides the thousands of plug-ins to perform the tasks such as validation, animation, field prompt and many more. It doesn't stop here; you can also create your own plug-ins and also can share with other developers. To create the plug-in is very simple, just use the framework given to extending the library.
- Flexible: jQuery is compact but easy to learn. If you want to understand jQuery, then you just need to give a little bit of your time. You will be able to write the codes and independent widgets very easily after going through a short tutorial on jQuery.
- Animations: You can easily avail cool effects such as contrast/expand, fade out, etc. in designing the application by writing just a couple of lines of code.
Disadvantages of jQuery:
- Backward compatibility: Sometimes, the new version is not compatible with the previous version. For instance, the newer version has removed some selectors which are previously widely used. This may confine the developers to upgrade their application from an old version to a newer one.
- Plugins compatibility: Similar to backward compatibility, developers need to check the plugins supported by the newer version before upgrading. Sometimes, the existing plugins are not supported by the newer versions at all. Also, while using multiple plugins on the same page, can encounter some conflicts.