35+ CodeIgniter Interview questions and Answer
We know that PHP is the most powerful language in the present time, but to execute it, developers use many frameworks. As it is easier for developers to combine the code with popular frameworks without adding additional code. From many frameworks, CodeIgniter is a widely used framework for PHP. Let’s see more about CodeIgniter and its features.
CodeIgniter is used to build dynamic web sites with PHP. It is an open open-source software rapid development web framework. It is based on the famous model-view-controller (MVC) development pattern. Besides, the model and views are optional in CodeIgniter. Moreover, Hierarchical Model View Controller (HMVC) can be used by modifying the CodeIgniter which helps the developer to manage the modular grouping of Models, Controller and View arranged in a sub-directory format. Coupling with this, the CodeIgniter is most preferable compared to other PHP frameworks due to its fascinating feature of speed.
The above is an overview of CodeIgniter and its some features. But if you want to know more about CodeIgniter to compete in an interview and get hired, then you must read our online interview questions. Below is the best collection of CodeIgniter interview questions that will definitely help you to get your dream job.
How to set csrf token in codeigniter?Posted By: GuyCodeigniter ;
CodeIgniter vs Laravel
It supports more database.
It supports the limited database.
It follows the relational object-oriented
It follows the object-oriented method.
The template language is PHP proprietary
The template language is Blade Template Engine
It is for those who use a simple tool kit
It is for those who need an elegant and modest kind of toolkit
It is component driven
It is object-oriented event-driven functional
It supports explicit and implicit routing
It supports explicit routing
It does not support built in the modular feature
It supports built in the modular feature
It does not support the HTTP route sufficiently.
It supports HTTP routes
CodeIgniter vs Yii
Programming language is PHP
Programming language is PHP.
It is under the MIT license
It is under the BSD license
Template language of CodeIgniter is PHP proprietary
Template language of Yii is PHP smarty twig
It supports component-oriented
It supports object-oriented event-driven.
Advantages of CodeIgniter
CodeIgniter is trustworthy and lightweight.
It offers PHP developer the easiest way to utilize modular programs and get a specific function through the framework.
PHP developer finds it easy in CodeIgniter to utilize modular programs and get a specific function through the framework.
It fits almost with all operating systems, web servers and platforms.
CodeIgniter help PHP developers to create a web application with high-end functionalities and additional features. It is possible due to the In-built libraries and resources provided by the CodeIgniter.
This helps the programmers to build web applications in a secured manner.
CodeIgniter helps the developer to create rear end and the front end of the application efficiently.
It offers easy customization and configuration of files and also supports hassle-free migration
Developers are able to reduce the amount of code required to develop an application of PHP.
CodeIgniter is quite useful in detecting the error and neutralizing it. It is a very user- friendly framework. It provides the developer's bug handling and debugging messages.
CodeIgniter provides the form validation feature to the developers. By this, they are able to write the code in a single line. You are able to use Effective validation framework system to write codes.
It is easy to edit the existing CodeIgniter files which are helpful for the developers to create what they want. Beginners can use this to avoid confusion.
You can use the migration aspect for the management of the database scheme. It is very easy to migrate server in CodeIgniter.
Disadvantages of CodeIgniter
- Does not emphasize on code maintainability
- Most of the enterprises demand from programmers to write clean, readable and structured code. These codes help the enterprise to manage, modify and update the web application in the future. However, CodeIgniter does not provide this feature at default as other frameworks do. The developers have to add some extra time and efforts to maintain the code.
- An Absence of Exhaustive Libraries
- Libraries perform a vital role in the framework. Like the other web frameworks, CodeIgniter also enhances the custom web applications by serving with a large number of libraries. Further, it allows the developers to install the libraries according to the need. You can also extend the libraries by extending and customize the native libraries by extending the native classes. But the CodeIgniter's libraries are not exhaustive as compared to other frameworks.
- Not pure Object Oriented
- CodeIgniter is mainly based on PHP which means it is not object-oriented in some parts, thus it doesn’t work like other object-oriented languages which are more efficient then CodeIgniter.